Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
The Great Book of Hemp
The Complete Guide to the Environmental, Commercial, and Medicinal Uses of the World's Most Extraordinary Plant
As a food, the oil from hemp seeds has the highest percentage of essential fatty acids and the lowest percentage of saturated fats. Britain and Canada have recently lifted bans on growing industrial hemp and today it is reappearing in the marketplace in an amazing array of products: from lip-salve, jeans, salad oil, and cheese to paper products, composite fiberboard, and biomass fuel.
This illustrated, easy-to-read guide covers all aspects of hemp:
• The history of its cultivation worldwide
• Its role as a source of renewable energy and as an alternative for paper manufacturing and fossil fuels
• Its versatility as a fiber
• Its many nutritional and medicinal uses
• Examines the physiological and psychological effects of marijuana use in recreation and therapy
• A comprehensive resource section includes information on organizations involved in legalizing hemp, product suppliers, and an annotated bibliography.
Park Street Press | 256 pages | ISBN 9780892815418 | November 1995